Monday, June 29, 2009

Little House on the Recipe Box!

I decided to alter another one of Micheal's $1.50 recipe boxes. You can see my other version here. Instead of totally altering the purpose of the box, I just decided to dress it up a little and keep the box as an actual recipe box. Last time I was at Micheal's I found this gorgeous DSP and thought it would work well on the recipe box. I simply wrapped the sides and bottom of the box using the Heidi Grace Design DSP. I then used some felt scalloped ribbon to hide the seam at the bottom of the box. As you can see in this picture it says 'special recipes'. I used PTI's Holiday Treats sentiment "Special Recipe" and added an "S" from PTI's Simple Alphabet since the fonts are the same. The bracket is also from the Holiday Treats stamp set. The sentiment was punched out using SU Curvy Label Punch. I then punched another Curvy Label using SU Pink Passion cardstock, but turned the punch on its side to then mat the white cardstock over.

The top of the recipe box is covered in PTI's Aqua Mist cardstock. The original DSP I had didn't really match the bright ribbon, so I changed my mind at the last second. Here is a picture of the label I added to the top of the recipe box. I started with punching a Marvy Giga Scalloped Square out of SU Pink Passion. I then stamped the curvy label stamp with SU Pink Passion ink, and layered it with PTI's Holiday Treats "Home Made" sentiment (I just cut out the Christmas portion). I thought this went perfectly with the house DSP and the fact that most recipes usually become a special family recipe.

Inside I included some recipe cards and a set of four glass magnets with kitchen themes (green pepper; red kettle; pumpkin; and an oven mitt)
Now, who am I going to give this too??!!!???

Ingredients:
Stamps: PTI Holiday Treats; PTI Simple Alphabet; SU Curvy Label
Paper: DSP Heidi Grace Designs "A Little Bird's Tale/Houses"; SU Pink Passion; PTI Aqua Mist; SU Whisper White
Ink: SU Pink Passion; SU Bashful Blue
Accessories; Marvy Giga Square Scallop Punch; SU Curvy Label Punch; Buttons; Embroidery Floss; Felt ribbon; Recipe box; Recipe Cards; Magnets

No comments:

Post a Comment