Thursday, June 18, 2009

Here's to Sailing into Retirement

Well I just came back from a retirement party and the theme was Cruise into Retirement. The organizers had done an amazing job. Since it was the principal retiring all the students were involved. They each created a passport with their personal information and best wishes for the principal. They had these posted on the way to the gym along with a cruise ship advertisement. The hallway to the gym is actually on an incline (ramp like) so they created a dock out of the ramp and even had a cruise ship horn and marina sounds repeating on a stereo. The gym itself was decorated like a beach and had more cruise themed items. It is hard to describe, but was absolutley fabulous. So when I came home today I used the idea of a retirement to finish my project I started yesterday. I started this gable type box yesterday and was working with the sailboat from Men of Life but was stuck on what sentiment to use. So after my inspiration from tonight's retirement party I decided on "Here's to sailing into retirement".

I did find the box a little harder to create than anticipated. It was a little more flimsy than I thought to put together and I struggled to cut out the handle and the sides. Next time I make this I think I use an oval punch for the handle instead of free handing it. Anyways, here is what I whipped together.





Ingredients:
Stamps: PTI Men of Life; PTI Mega Mixed Messages
Paper: SU Pumpkin Pie Textured; SU Bashful Blue; DSP
Ink: SU Only Orange; SU Brilliant Blue
Accessories: Cuttlebug circle embossing template; hemp; ribbon; pop dots; computer sentiments

No comments:

Post a Comment