Saturday, June 6, 2009

I sold a card!!!

So I sold my first card yesterday!!!!! I am so excited. You always wonder whether your cards are good enough to sell, and you feel a little uneasy as people are looking through them, but apparently the baby card I posted the other day was good enough to sell!!!!!. (picture below)
I've always wanted to sell my cards, but I live in a small community and am not too sure how well they would sell. A friend of mine sells her at her sister's store, and I think they sell well. There is also a Farmers Market during the summer months (and we get lots of tourists), and then there are the holiday Christmas Crafts Shows. I really should start figuring out what would work best for me. If you have any ideas let me know how you got started selling your cards.

I have another baby card to post, but still need to run to Walmart to pick up some cute socks to add to the gift, so I thought I would post a quick card. It is a simple sketch that I use quite often.


The card uses SU Chocolate Chip paper as the base. The squares are punched using SU square punches. The bigger square is punched using SU Purely Pomegranate cardstock, and then layered with Wild Wasabi DSP from the hostess package a few magazines back. The middle frame layers SU Chocolate Chip, Purely Pomegranate, and Whisper White. The stamps used are SU Baroque Motifs, using the same three ink colours as the paper; SU Chocolate Chip, Purely Pomegranate, and Wild Wasabi. The center of the stamp was made using SU Build a Brad. The center frame has been popped using pop dots.
Cherish Ingredients:
Stamps: SU Baroque Motifs
Paper: SU Chocolate Chip; SU Purely Pomegranate; SU Whisper White; SU Wild Wasabi DSP (Hostess set)
Ink: SU Chocolate Chip; SU Purely Pomegranate; SU Wild Wasabi
Accessories: SU Build a Brad; SU small 1/2" Circle punch; SU Square punches 1 1/4" & 1 3/8"; pop dots

I'll be back later with my other baby card!!

No comments:

Post a Comment