Sunday, May 3, 2009

Workshop Cards

Well my Mother's Day workshop is quickly upon us so yesterday I was busy working on my samples. I must say I struggled. I had this vision for my shaker card, but it took me a few tries before I was happy with the results. I still am not 100% sure whether it's exactly what I want. I had purchased a spring collection of paper with bugs on the pages, a mason jar stamp, and a bug punch. I thought I would create a bug shaker card that would go with a stamp I already had "Bugs & Kisses". First time through the inside of the jar was blank (white), but it didn't look right when the bugs (aka punches) and grass (aka glitter) were sitting at the bottom. So I created a new card. The new card actually uses the bug paper as the inside of the jar, rather than background paper. Now, even when the shaker portion of the card is sitting at the bottom, there is still something to see inside the card. I just hope the ladies like it. There are 6 different workshops and I believe I am the only workshop that is making cards. So here is the card.....

To make my shaker cards I use weatherstripping that you use on windows for houses. I purchase it at Canadian Tire. I used it around the edges on my base paper (lady bug). The thickness is very similar to pop dots. Once you stick it around the edges you are left with a deep tray that gives you ample room to place your glitter, punches, etc inside. This gives the items lots of room to shake. I used an exacto knife to cut out the inside of the mason jar, and then covered the opening with the film off of a paper CD pouch. Once you sandwich it all together you are left with a perfect shaker card.
Ingredients:
Stamps: Mason Jar from Micheal's; "Bugs & Kisses" Daisey Bucket Design
Paper: TPC Studio Bugs and Butterflies Printed Cardstock Pad; SU Real Red Cardstock
Ink: SU Real Red; black
Accessories: Marvy Tag Punches (Purple & Pink); EZSucess Bug Punch; Ribbon; glitter; weather stripping; paper CD pouches; exacto knife

Gel Pocket Card
My second card comes from Nichole Heady. I created her Gel Pocket Card using PTI's Pond Life stamp set. I decided to change the dimensions and make the pocket the size of a normal card. But if you want the directions for this please visit the link.



Ingredients:
Stamps: PTI Pond Life; PTI Pond Life Sentiments; SU Simple Shapes
Ink: PTI Lemon Tart; PTI Smmer Sunrise; SU Bashful Blue
Paper: PTI Aqua Mist; PTI Lemon Tart; SU Whisper White
Accessories: Summer Sunrise Swiss Dot Ribbon; SU Scalloped Punch; brads; bead bags; Dippity Do Hair Gel; hole punch

No comments:

Post a Comment