Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Sympathy

I haven't needed to use a sympathy card....touch wood, but decided I should have a few on hand just in case. I wanted something simple and generic, but definitely showed comfort. The heart bouquet that I used as a background stamp was purchased at Walmart. It was in a package with a sentiment stamp "Merci" for only 99cents Canadian. Now who could go wrong with that...especially since I am working at a French Immersion school right now. 99cents for two stamps....rock on. Wish I could find other great deals like that. Anyhow, this card also uses SU French Script background stamp that I used as a panel on the right side of the card. I simply torn the edges to give the weathered/used effect. (Not sure the actual term or technique for this). The sentiment was stamped onto a panel which was wrapped with hemp and tied through a button. I thought that the card was missing something, so I decided to stamp the heart bouquet again and use it as part of the main image. The colours used were SU Blue Bayou and SU Wild Wasabi. Thanks for looking!!
Heart Bouquet Sympathy Ingredients:
Stamps: Sentiment-Inkadinkado
Paper: SU Wild Wasabi; SU Blue Bayou
Ink: SU Wild Wasabi; SU Blue Bayou
Accessories: Hemp; Button; SU Square punch

No comments:

Post a Comment