Thursday, May 28, 2009

Say it with Flowers!

I put this little gift together for my Aunt's Birthday. Her birthday is in June and she loves to garden. In the past she has received hedgehogs as little nicknacks, and when I saw this watering can with the hedgehog I knew it would be perfect for her. Over the last year I have found other items to add to the gift. I found the little spade at a local gift shop here in town, and the stone is from the Massage and Wellness store here in town. The card uses images from MFT Can Ya Dig It? and the little notepad is decorated using SU Pick a Petal.


Card Ingredients:
Stamps: MFT Can Ya Dig It?
Paper: SU DSP Hostess set 2007; SU Pixie Pink; SU Certainly Celery; SU So Saffron; SU Whisper White
Ink: SU Real Rust; SU Garden Gree; SU Chalks YoYo Yello, Pixie Pink; Rose Red
Accessoires: SU Mellow Moss grosgrain ribbon; pop dots


This notepad is a score from Micheals. Only $1.50 CDN in the discount section. Who could go wrong with that. It origianl had the initail of my aunt on it, but I decided to cover it. I decided to emboss circles on the So Saffron paper and then repeated the dot pattern with the leaves on the flower using SU Pick a Petal. I added a scalloped edge to the green scrap paper using scalloped scissors. I then layered the saddle stich ribbon over top. The center of the flower layers two buttons I have had for ages. To help keep the buttons together I tied using hemp and attached using a pop dot.

Notepad Ingredients:
Stamps: SU Pick a Petal; PTI Mega Mixed Messages; SU Simple Shapes
Paper: SU So Saffron; SU Whisper White; scrap green
Ink: SU Pretty In Pink; SU Certainly Celery
Accessories: PTI Lemon Tart Saddle Stich Ribbon; versamark; clear embossing powder; embossing gun; corner rounder; scalloped scissors; redline tape; buttons; hemp

No comments:

Post a Comment