Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother' Day Weekend Workshop!

Well I have just gotten back from my Mother's Day Weekend Workshop and boy it was worth lugging all my things out there in my car. We all had a blast. You defiantly cannot say we were roughing it. We stayed out at this awesome house out on the lake, and a few of us ladies crashed in a very posh motor home. The food constantly flowed, it was never ending....so much for losing any weight. Every time I turned around there was something new to snack on. Also, on the Saturday everyone was in their PJ's all day scrapping. Hair not done, no makeup and simply loving it. The workshops were wonderful, and we even pulled in two new comers. All they could talk about was what supplies they planned on buying. So all in all it was successful. So thank you to Jodi for arranging everything...to Lynda for letting us use her home...to Susan, Terri, and Mylene for all the snacks...thanks for the wonderful meals, and excellent workshops. It was a nice relaxing weekend. And especially thanks to Lynda for the cute gift she gave to everyone. Now I am not a mother, but she gave everyone these windmill flowers for your garden with a quote reminding mothers and women to never change who they are. Very cute...mine matches my scrapbooking room (purple).

I thought I would share a few pictures of our weekend. Here is a very from the loft looking down into the open concept main floor. We arranged tables all along the windows looking out to the lake.
The small table was the punch table. Everyone just through their punches down on the table to be shared. The table on the right and all the supplies were mine. And behind the couch we used the high table for the Cuttlebug station. The new comers worked at the kitchen table.

Here are a few pictures of people working on my Bug Shaker card. It was definatley challenging, but the ladies loved it.



The final cards....

The ladies loved the pond life stamp set by PTI and created their own pond scene for their Gel Card.



And since it is Mother's Day I can finally post my mother's card. She reads this blog so didn't want to post it before she received it in the mail.....(I do hope she did receive it in the mail; If not...Happy Mother's Day Mom!!!!)

This card uses My Favourite Things Can Ya Dig It? stamp set. The dress, hat, and watering can are paper pierced using scraps. The flowers are coloured in using Stampin' Up Write Markers, and I played around with the colours trying to add shading for dimension. The sentiment comes from this stamp set as well. The hearts are the only thing not from the stamp set, but I thought it fit the sentiment.



Mother's Day Ingredients:
Stamps: My Favourite Things- Can Ya Dig It?; Heart stamp
Paper: SU Wild Wasabi; SU Whisper White; SU DP (hotess package), scraps
Ink: SU Write Markers (Not Quite Navy, Real Rust, Rose Red, Real Red, Pretty In Pink, Creamy Caramel, Garden Green)
Accessories: Pop Dots
So to all the mothers out there Happy Mother's Day. Never forget that it is your love that helps your child grow and become the person they are today; and will be in the future. So no matter what the trials and tribulations are always stand by your child and support them. They may not appreciate everything you do for them now, but they will.

No comments:

Post a Comment