Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy Birthday

Birthdays are the most common reason to send cards. Well, except for Christmas. I don't have that big of a family so I design cards for all of them. Heaven forbid I miss a birthday so I have their birthdays listed on the kitchen calendar and my day planner. Then in my studio I have business cards printed off which each person's birthday listed on them. These cards are sitting on a plastic business card holder. This reminds me of whose card I have to make. Once I am finished and the card has been mailed I then move the card to the back so I can see who's birthday is next. I also already have the address labels printed off, they are in a book, organized by month, and I have a huge roll of stamps. That way I am prepared and in case I am running short on time don't have to worry about an extra trip to the post office to pick up more stamps.

So currently I make cards for my parents, a brother (sister-inlaw), 2 aunts, 1 uncle (and his wife), grandparents, a cousin, and my "in-laws", along with a handful of Friends. Most of the birthday are spread out which gives me enough time to make and send cards each month. However, I still tend to make a handful of Birthday cards each year to have on hand, just in case. Here is a selection of Birthday cards I've recently made.

Celebrate in Pink Ingredients:
Stamps: Sentiment (portion of Time to Celebrate by Delta)
Paper: SU Pink Passion, DP
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Coloured star brads; hole punch

Time to Celebrate Ingredients:
Stamp: Time to Celebrate by Delta
Paper: SU Tempting Turquoise; unknown pale pink; DP Blush
Ink: Basic Black;
Accessories: Ribbon, scissors, corner rounder punch; pop dots
Tag Birthday Ingredients:
Stamps: Happy Birthday Sentiment by StampCraft
Paper: DP Unknown
Ink:Basic Black
Accessories: Marvy Tag Punch; SU Square punch; Pink Swiss Dot Ribbon; Pink Button; Flower; black marker
Candle Birthday Ingredients:
Stamps: SU Pick A Petal; Happy Birthday Sentiment by StampCraft
Paper: SU Elegant Eggplant; SU Always Artichoke; SU Whisper White; DP scraps
Ink: Su Barley Banana; SU Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: SU Mellow Moss Ribbon; hemp;

Embossed Happy Birthday Ingredients:
Stamps: None
Paper: SU Blue Bayou; SU Close to Cocoa
Ink: None
Accessories: Cuttle Bug Happy Birthday Embossing Folder; Chocolate Chip ribbon


No comments:

Post a Comment