Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Asian Inspired

When I was last at Micheal's I saw this gorgeous DSP that I just had to get. Why??? It was just so pretty I couldn't leave without getting a few pieces. It was like it was just calling my name. I kept going back to it on the shelf, so since I have no will power when it comes to buying supplies it ended up in my cart. Now for the last month the paper has been sitting on my desk beside some brown and pink cardstock. That is about as far as I got. I was struggling with what I wanted to create. I really wanted to create an Asian Inspired piece, but am not too sure that is what this really is. After playing around with things this is what I ended up with.

During this same trip into town we stopped at Dollarama Plus. I was looking for some cute containers that would work as small gift baskets. Here I am standing in Dollarama, with an impatient DH. In my hands I have two packages of mini take-out boxes. One package is all white, the other has blue, pink, and white. Now my DH wants to know what is taking so long, and I inform him I am not sure which package I want. He then looks at me like I am crazy and says "They are only a dollar...just buy both." Ah the wisdom of a DH!! Yet when I am at Micheal's I have no willpower and basically the entire store ends up in my cart, but when I am at Dollarama my conscious appears and questions the money I am spending. Needless to say that day I walked out of Dollarama with two packages of mini take-out boxes. To match the card I put in a strip of the paper and added some coordinating ribbon on the handle. The mini take-out box actually will hold a fair number of chocolates or toffee candies.

After making my card the pink flowers were hard to see and I felt like the blue highlight in the DSP was missing from my panel, so I went back and added some turquoise buttons. I wish I had all the same sized buttons, but sadly my button collection is lacking, and I had only two of each size.

Asian Ingredients:
Stamps: SU Botanical Blooms
Paper: PTI Dark Chocolate; PTI Sweet Blush; DSP Micheal's (sorry forget company)
Ink: SU Chocolate Chip; SU Pretty In Pink
Accessories: Ribbon; buttons; Martha Stewart Punch; mini take-out box

No comments:

Post a Comment