Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sneak Peak of Christmas

The snow is finally gone, at last warm weather, so why the heck am I posting a Christmas card. Well you see I am constantly made fun of by family and friends because I happen to have my Christmas cards ready like a year in advance. Yes they are all done, and were last year. Now the reason behind this is, we don't often travel at Christmas to visit family, so it is just the two of us over the holidays and my DH only gets Christmas and Boxing Day off. He is back at work throughout the rest of the holidays. Since I am at home off from school I don't have much to do. And since I am in the Christmas mood I always start my christmas cards. As so happens I finished ALL my Christmas cards for 2009 back in December of 2008. I've made a selection of tag cards, each with various messages and colour combinations (I used 4 different colour combinations). This card happens to say Merry Christmas in Ukrainian which will go to my aunt out in Western Canada. I also made cards saying Merry Christmas (yes a tag for each letter), Joyeux Noel; and Let it Snow. The cards were quick and easy to put together because I won a package of Christmas paper that had coordinating tags, letters, and other cute embellishments. All I did was match cardstock with the DSP selections. I am only posting this card for now, as I don't want my family to see their card. So you will have to wait till December to see the rest.



Each piece of DSP has been outlined using a gold marker. Other than the cardstock and ribbon the paper, letters, tags, and other embellishments (ordaments) came from the DSP package. I punched the top of each tag and added a eyelet to tie ribbon through. Once all the elements were cut it was simple to put together. Probably why I was able to make all my cards in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment