Tuesday, April 14, 2009

SU's Nature Silhouettes




















A friend of ours turned 30 last month. He is an avid hunter who has gotten Matt involved. When I saw Stampin Up's Nature Silhouettes I new I needed to buy it. I put together this card which reminded me of the morning when we went out hunting together (I just went for the walk).

If only I could figure out how to take pictures. they always seem to come out fuzzy no matter what I do. Bla!!

The tree and deer were versamarked, stamped in black ink, and then embossed with clear embossing powder. This was so I could sponge the background on and wipe off any extra. After sponging on Barely Banana ink I punched out a circle from a post it note (sticky side) and then sponged over it with Summer Sun ink. When you remove the mask you end up with a moon.

Ingredients:
Stamps: SU Nature Silhouettes; Happy Birthday
Paper: SU Not Quite Navy and Pumpkin Pie; DP is from an Autumn collection I picked up at Micheal's last fall.
Ink: PTI Pallette Noir; SU Always artichoke, Summer Sun, Barely Banana
Other: Brads, circle punch, clear embossing powder, and embossing gun, sponges























The inside of the card using the left over paper and Happy Birthday sentiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment