Wednesday, April 29, 2009

For my Grandpa!

My Grandfather's birthday is coming up and I decided to use Stampin' Ups Backwoods to make his birthday card. The cabin looks almost identical to my cottage. I just had to buy it. My Grandfather has lived in an apartment for over 30 years now, and he once told me he somewhat regrets selling their home and moving into an apartment. He misses the puttering around the yard, getting out of the house and just doing 'home' things. That's why he loves going up to the cottage. However, now that he and my grandmother are getting on in age, my grandmother hates the hassle of going up to the cottage. My parents currently look after the cottage and pay the bills, but my grandfather still makes all the 'major' decisions. Anyways, this summer he is replacing the main bathroom in the cottage. So I decided to add a Home Hardware gift card inside. Home Hardware is the only home building center near our cottage. I thought maybe he could use the money to add finishing touches to the bathroom.
I struggled with the area around the cabin. I masked the cottage, but the tree stamp didn't stamp well over the mask. As a result the area looks smudges. Oh well, next time hopefully it works out better.
The sentiments are from Papertrey Ink's Mega Mixed Messages
Ingredients:
Stamps: SU Backwoods; PTI Mega Mixed Messages
Ink: SU Always Artichoke; SU Bashful Blue; SU Brilliant Blue; SU Going Grey; SU Summer Sun; SU Chocolate Chip; SU Creamy Caramel
Paper: SU black card stock; SU Handsome Hunter
Accessories: SU Photo Corner punch; brads


No comments:

Post a Comment