Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Papertrey Ink Guide Lines

For the last couple of days I've been playing around with Papertrey Ink's Guide Lines. I have had this stamp set since it was released, but just haven't really had a chance to fool around with it to see all the possibilities. I made something for PTI's Blog Hop on Saturday and just love how it came out, so I kept playing around with the set. But since I can't post it now I thought I would share with you another item I made using the stamp set.

As you will notice the layout looks similar to the card I posted the other day. I had made this card first, and liked the layout and thought I would try it again. (Just didn't post the cards in order that I made them)

The background was created using PTI's Guide Lines. I was simply fooling around and came up with this pattern. I stamped the actual lines in black Pallette Noir Ink. I then chose the square stamp and inked it using the same black ink. I decided to not stamp into the squares created by the line stamp, but rather to stamp on the T line (lined up the center of the square design stamp and stamped it where the lines meet). I stamped every other T line, leaving a space between each. I then chose my second design stamp and inked it using SU Creamy Caramel. I then filled in all the blank spots using this second design stamp. The background was matted onto black SU cardstock and then onto some Kraft coloured cardstock I've had lying around for a few years (not sure where it came from)

The top panel was created using an ivy stamp from Micheal's. I stamped the SU Creamy Caramel colour first onto SU Whisper White and then stamped over top of the caramel with black ink. The panel was matted onto SU black cardstock and the sentiment is from Micheal's (stamped with the same black ink).

I decided the front was missing something, so I used some hemp and threaded it through a button. The hemp is crossed in an X and then tied at the back. Due to the knot on the back I decided to raise the panel using pop dots .

When I was stamping the Guide Lines I wasn't too sure if I liked the colours or combination, but after I put it all together I actually quite like this card. It is definitely a colour combination I will go back to.


No comments:

Post a Comment