Sunday, August 9, 2009

Food Only Challenge

Thanksgiving Food Only Challenge:


The Limited Supplies Challenge on Splitcoaststampers is to create a Food Only card with both images and ink. Here are the rules:

First: Your card or project needs to have food/beverages as its main theme. You know, pretty tea cups, yummy cupcakes, tangy citrus. Or maybe a scene with friends sitting at a café, or your favorite grill-meister in his element. Just think food!

Second: The real limit for you today is in the COLORS. You must only use colors that have “edible names”. Such as certainly celery, pumpkin pie, barely banana, creamy caramel.

Check out the end of the post to see what yummy ingredients I used to make my cards.

I also decided to try out Michelle Wooderson's idea of mass producing cards assembly line style. I cut all my strips up, stamped food images onto them (creating my own DSP), altered their order on each card, and then assembled. I added the circle "let's eat" stamp to the front, along with some Lemon TART ribbon.

Inside I added the sentiment "Gobble, Gobble, Gobble, Happy Turkey Day!"

And now I am finished my thanksgiving cards....hehehe. This will give me enough time to get all my Halloween cards done. I always find there isn't enough time between Canadian Thanksgiving and Halloween. I only need a handful of thanksgiving cards, but for Halloween I always put together a little treat for my students, as well as a few family members. But I really shouldn't be thinking about October now...I still have a Birthday card for my DH and an Anniversary card for my Aunt that need to be finish in like a weeks time. Yikes!!!


Ingredients "Thanksgiving Food Only":

Stamps: G Studio; SU Dotted Autumn; SU Tart & Tangy (apple); PTI My Punny Valentine; Martha Stewart Monogram Collection
Paper: All SU- creamy CARAMEL; always ARTICHOKE; very VANILLA; more MUSTARD; wild WASABI DSP; CHOCOLATE CHIP
Ink: All SU- close to COCOA; always ARTICHOKE; CHOCOLATE CHIP
Accessories: PTI LEMON TART ribbon; circle punch



1 comment: