Saturday, July 25, 2009

Going to the Chapel and we're going to get Married!!

I made this back in January, following a template Lauren Meader had shared on her blog. I decided to switch it up a little and turn it into a Chapel for my parent's 30th Wedding Anniversary. The roof is attached on one side with Velcro so you can open it up. Inside I had a bag of Hershey hugs & kisses. To change the template from a house to a Chapel I added the steeple. Was a little difficult to attach. On the steeple I punched out squares on all sides and made window panes. Inside the steeple is a cat bell hanging from some string.

I punched out the windows on the side using a Marvy tag punch. I then used tissue paper to make the stained glass look.
The trim around the roof uses a Martha Stewart punch.
It is hard to see here, but behind the grass is a white picket fence...another one of Martha Stewart's punches.




My parents just loved this. It still sits out on top of their TV. My dad even used it as part of his scavenger hunt on their Anniversary. AAWWW!!! :)
Thanks for looking!

1 comment: