Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy 2010!!!!

Happy New Years everyone. I hope you are well rested and ready for another year. As we move into a new decade I wish you all health and happiness!!!! Our New Years was uneventful. We rented a few movies (Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs and All About Steve). We also ordered in Chinese....a family tradition. Except my DH made me call back and add more to our order. When it arrived it looked as if we had enough for 12 people. Oh well leftovers are always good. We then relaxed...my DH fell asleep on the couch and we kinda rang in the New Year. We don't live in a timezone that has a major city party. So when we changed the channel to see the ball drop in New York (at our 11pm) we had already missed it. My parents called to say Happy News when their timezone hit 2010 and then we watched the repeat of Toronto's ball drop for our time zone. Nothing very exciting.

So now that it is the new year lets start focusing on our next holiday, Valentines. I whipped together two, non conventional, cards today.

"Cute As a Button"


Ingredients: "Cute As a Button"
Stamps: Loads of Love (SU)
Paper: Plum Pudding (PTI); Rustic Cream Cardstock (PTI)
Ink: Plum Pudding (PTI); Pale Plum (SU)
Accessories: Giga Square scalloped punch (MARVY); Vintage Plum Pudding Buttons (PTI); embroidery floss; Plum Pudding Ribbon (PTI); Circle Embossing Folder; Cuttlebug


"You Float my Boat"




(circle to represent a porthole)

Ingredients: "You Float my Boat"
Stamps: Men of LIfe (PTI)
Paper: Real Red (SU); Bashful Blue (SU); White Cardstock (PTI)
Ink: Real Red (SU); Bashful Blue (SU);
Accessories: Hemp; pop dots; Giga Circle Punch (MARVY); embroidery floss














No comments:

Post a Comment