Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Cards

I am one of those type of people who are always ready for the holidays a month in advance. I love being organized, knowing that everything is ready to go, and then I don't have to stress and do things last minute...like my DH (it is four days before xmas eve, and he still hasn't bought my gifts) All my shopping is done, the gifts are wrapped, packages have been mailed, and the cards are already in the mail. My only problem is I can't post any of the gift ideas or cards until Christmas time. And of course I haven't been up to anything else but Christmas things. Hence the reason my blog has been so quiet. During the year I am always so busy with work; however at Christmas time I have two weeks off which allows me to relax and spend time scrapbooking. So I actually have had my Christmas cards done for a year now. During last years Christmas Holidays I put together some accordian fold Christmas cards. Back during the summer I posted a sneak peak at one of them. I am back today to give you a look at a few others. The first accordian card I did from scratch. Even the letter panels I stamped from nothing. I then decided to use Christmas paper packages that had letters included. It helped move along the process. I ended up making a total of 12 different accoridan cards. Three were quite long, but then I decided to cut it down to around 6 panels per card.

Below is the card I sent to my Grandparents. **Funny story.....my grandmother thought they were gift tags and almost started to cut the card apart.** Sorry for the first blurry picture. I didn't notice it till after I had already mailed the card. Each panel uses some Christmas DSP that I got from Walmart (was a huge package for around $13..bought it last year). I then used a gold pen to outline the panels. Each panel has a letter that spelt my various messages. Merry Christmas, Let it snow, Joyeux Noel (French), and Khristos Razhdayetsya (Ukrainian). Each panel also has eyelets at the top, threaded with various Christmas colours of ribbon. The panels are also embellished with Christmas brads and snowflakes.



Here is the Ukrainian card I posted last summer. Instead of putting ribbon on every panel I used some square pictures that were a part of the Christmas DSP paper I purchased.


And for those in my family who are not religious I made Let it Snow cards. Here is one example of many I made. The word snow is versamarked, stamped in Bashful Blue ink (SU) and then embossed. I used a snowflake as the letter O.
Well lets see how many Christmas cards I get done this Holiday for next year...LOL


Here is a little sneak peak at some notebooks I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment